- To invent, facilitate, implement and support resilient ways of providing for our needs, while recognising the natural limits inherent to the places we live, and designing our new systems within those limits.
- To invent, facilitate, implement and support ways of providing equality amongst all humans, and a fair and decent life for other beings.
- To begin this change at the local level, scaling up to broader community horizons as local needs are progressively met, providing that the skills and resources to do so are available.
- To make the designs, results and methods we work on as easy as possible to share with and distribute to others who share the same goals, to help them set up their own similar groups.
- To communicate clearly and accessibly with the general public about why these changes (see 1 and 2) are a good thing, and why they are necessary.
- To work alongside other groups who can help us further our goals.
- To use the patterns of the Natural World as a guide in our design work - “What would Nature do?”